blogging our home building process

Sunday, September 11, 2011

The View from the Top

This was our last week using the manlift.  Of course, even with it being all terrain, it couldn't handle our property after almost 7 inches of rain last Sunday/Monday/Tuesday.  Before United Rentals came to pick the manlift up, Jason took it for one last spin.  He took it all the way up to 60' on the road in front of our house to catch some really great views.

Look carefully, and you'll see Ron putting on the siding.


So you might notice part of the roof isn't done...this will be metal as well as the porch roofing.  The metal roofing will happen once all the siding is up/complete.



Hard to see the house from the street which is how we like it!



More siding was put on this week once the rain stopped.  We also opted to use a 2nd coat of stain which took additional time.
 Again, this week's pictures are from our phones so some of the pics are not that great.  Good news is the new SD card should be here any day for next week's blog!

Jason continued working on the electrical wiring.  He's about 80% done and there are wires EVERYWHERE!  I don't know how he keeps it all straight!





My good shoes after spilling an entire gallon of stain on me and the driveway.  (I wasn't supposed to be working, I was just supposed to pick Jason up which is why I had the shoes on.)  Followed, with a shot of gas in the eyes when I set the fuel cannister down after cleaning my staining brush.  I didn't get a lot in my eyes, but plenty enough to experience a good burn and an evening full of flushing my eyes out!!  I think I'm glad my contacts were in to partially shield my eyes!   I was mostly upset at spilling a $40 gallon of stain! ;)  Kind of funny the day after especially when I started the day tripping over something in the drive and falling backwards on my bum!!  I blame the full moon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Advertising - Advertise on blogs with SponsoredReviews.com
BLOG DIRECTORY, Submit blog free, Promote Blog, Best directory